Even the best bicycles will need repair at some point. If you are an enthusiastic cyclist who loves to get around Phoenix on weekends, you need to have the contact of a local bicycle repair service handy at all times. You never know when you have to deal with a deflated tire, or a more major problem. The goods news is there are many shops that offer comprehensive bicycle repair in Phoenix, and in this post, we are sharing tips on how to find a reliable one.
- Ask around. If you know fellow cyclists in Phoenix, you can ask them for local repair services, or the shops they have tried. An alternate idea is to search on Google and find shops that have the best ratings. Many shops in Phoenix now have their own websites, so you can easily find contact details and other information too.
- The first visit is critical. When you visit a local bicycle repair shop, check if the staff and repairmen are interested in listening your problems and concerns. They should be eager to handle all small and big repair needs, without thinking of money alone. Also, if you are unsure of the problem with your bicycle, their experts should explain the possible issues, with details like time required for repair and costs involved.
- Get drivetrain cleaning done. If you want to really test a service, make sure to ask for drivetrain cleaning, which is inexpensive but necessary. The task involves removing and cleaning the chain, other components and sprockets, so that dirt and debris don’t impact your riding experience.
- Find what more they offer. Many cyclists ignore the need for tune-up, cleaning and regular maintenance, until there’s a need for serious repair. When you select a bicycle repair shop, find if they can do the same, and whether they deal in rebuilding and customizing bikes. They should have all the bike parts, and must be quick at both repairs and rebuilding.
- Estimates do matter. Most repair shops will offer an estimate advance, but insist on that in all circumstances. Even if you are getting deflated tires fixed, you need to know the costs involved. Some repair shops in Phoenix may charge more than others, but you can be also assured of the good work they do.
Always select a repair shop that has flexible working hours, and is open to handling all kinds of repair tasks.